Saturday, May 2, 2009

A TOUCHING LOVE STORY...



Senior year:-
               One fine day she walked to my locker.
               'My date is sick' she said,
               'hes not gonna go' well,
               I didn't have a date, and in 7th grade,
               we made a promise that
               if neither of us had dates,
               we would go together just as 'best friends'.
               So we did.
               That night, after everything was over,
               I was standing at her front door step.
               I stared at her as She smiled at me
               and stared at me with her crystal eyes.
               Then she said- 'I had the best time, thanks!'

              
         and gave me a kiss on the cheek.;             I want to tell her,
               I want her to know
               that I don't want to be just friends,
               I love her but I'm just too shy,
               and I don't know why.

Graduation:-
               A day passed, then a week, then a month.
               Before I could blink, it was graduation day.
               I watched as her perfect body
               floated like an angel

           
                 up on stage to get her diploma.
               I wanted her to be mine-but
               she didn't notice me like that, and I knew it.
               Before everyone went home,
               she came to me in her smock and hat,
               and cried as I hugged her.
               Then she lifted her head from my shoulder
               and said- 'you're my best friend,
               thanks' and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
               I want to tell her,
               I want her to know
               that I don't want to be just friends,
               I love her but I'm just too shy,
               and I don't know why.

Marriage:-
               Now I sit in the pews of the church.
               That girl is getting married now.
               and drive off to her new life,
               married to another man.

     
                 I wanted her to be mine,
               but she didn't see me like that,
               and I knew it.
               But before she drove away,
               she came to me and said 'you came !'.
               She said 'thanks' and kissed me on the cheek.
               I want to tell her,
               I want her to know
               that I don't want to be just friends,
               I love her but I'm just too shy,
               and I don't know why.

Death:-
               Years passed, I looked down at the coffin
               of a girl who used to be my 'best friend'.
               At the service, they read a diary entry
               she had wrote in her high school years.
               This is what it read:
               'I stare at him wishing he was mine,
               but he doesn't notice me like that,
               and I know it.
               I want to tell him,
               I want him to know that
               I don't want to be just friends,
               I love him but I'm just too shy,
               and I don't know why.
               I wish he would tell me he loved me !
               .........'I wish I did too...'

               I thought to my self, and I cried.

            
  

                HOPE ALL THE LOVERS WILL LEARN A LESSON FROM THIS STORY


.

No comments: